Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chicago Goals

Hi There,


I can't believe a YEAR has passed and I am returning to Chicago....I am really proud of the training that I have done in a year...I have made great strides and am so proud of the accomplishments I have had this year (PR's in ALL distances)

This week I have faced many challenges...I have been very busy at work, have a sick grandma and I am also sick myself...I am not going to lie...I will be really relieved once I am in the car and starting my trek to Chicago...

I will keep this simple...here are my goals...I have re-evaluated them after this cold that I have...

D: Finish Upright and Smiling :)
C: Beat Last years time of 4:49:xx
B: Sub 4:30:00
A: PR (Current PR is 4:27:53 from May 2011 at Mississauga Marathon)
A+: Sub 4:20:00

I have had an incredible training cycle...lots of great tempos, a 30km PR and a 10km PR...I just hope that after this week I can pull off a great run...I am not going to lie...I am physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted...I also know myself in that I might perk up pretty quickly once I hit the car :) No matter what, PR or not I have a lot to be proud of...I have come so far over the past year...Running is a passion for me...It is part of who I am and what I need...In the end Sunday is one race in a list of many...

Good luck to all of those racing!!!


4 comments:

  1. Definitely celebrate all that you have already accomplished - it's not just about the big race and you have a lot to be proud of! Hope you feel better and have a safe trip. HAVE FUN! Good luck out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youve had an amazing year! No matter what happens in Chicago, nobody can take that away from you. That said, I hope your cold clears and the weather cooperates. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck this weekend, you've worked hard and you definitely should be proud! Can't wait to hear about it. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you this weekend and have fun!

    ReplyDelete