Sunday, August 8, 2010

30.55km Sunday Long Run

Today was my longest run to date of this cycle: I was scheduled to run 19km today but after last weeks disaster of 26km by myself I thought..."I would rather run 29km with the group then 19km by myself" I KNOW!! CRAZY!!! I also thought it would be a good idea to run the 29km this week...19km next week followed by the Mid Summer nights run (30km) the following week...a little taper so to say...

So today I really forced myself...You are going to do this 29km slow and steady...

And I did....

Lap Paces in Km:

7:09
6:38
6:52
6:40
6:31
6:39
7:42
6:32
7:09
6:34
7:19
7:59
8:26
6:25
6:15
8:45
6:14
6:14
6:30
4:40**Garmin messed up obviously...

My GPS had a weak signal and it went crazy at the end...plus we had 4 pit stops where we filled up on water etc...I was most impressed that at the end I was able to pick the pace up...I have a tendency to go out WAY to fast then die...today I felt it the opposite...Sooo all in all a good run....I really need to work on making my pace consistent...Today felt better than most...we had those stops which through a few of them off...This will be an on going battle for me!

I had a Chocolate Milk when I finished followed by a salad with Grilled Chicken, slivered almonds, a little feta cheese, strawberries and a side of lemon poppy seed dressing...it was so tasty...I am continuing to make sure I drink lots of water today...I wore my compression socks during the run...They gave me a little pep...my body is pretty sore right now...in fact I could barely have a nap because my legs were so sore....stretching and icing tonight at some point...

Happy Sunday Long run!

1 comment: