Friday, July 23, 2010

MS Bike Race and New Shoes

Well...


Tomorrow is the big day! Tomorrow morning I will ride 84km from Grand Bend, ON to London, ON and then Sunday morning get up and ride 76km back to Grand Bend. I have been MIA for the past couple weeks...Lots of Physio and Massage...things seem to be getting better and that makes me happy...

Last night I drove to Port Huron, MI and purchased two pairs of Asics 2150's...in the US they are $99.00 plus 6% sales tax for Michigan...in Ontario Canada they are $159.99 plus 13% sales tax....even the hour and a half drive and the $27.00 I paid and duty and gas...I still saved almost $100.00....I know that things in Canada are more expensive but man...SHOES are brutal...soooo there you have it...

I am really looking forward to this weekend for many reasons....I am also excited that after this weekend I will really be stepping up the Marathon training....it is crazy to think that Chicago is only 78 days away!


Happy Weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hope the ride went superbly!
    Shoes are definitely way more expensive here in Canada...sigh.

    77 more days :)

    ReplyDelete