Saturday, March 27, 2010

Yoga and Smoothies....My favourite Things Part 2

This morning I was up early with my puppy (she isn't a puppy anymore...will almost be three but for this blog I'll call her my puppy)...Anyway when I realized the time I was able to make it to a 60min standard class....Love Hot Yoga....Amazing workout...lots of sweat..in fact more sweat than running on a super hot day in August...It really opened up my hips today, stretched my calves and hamstrings...I took it a little easier as I did not want to be sore for the 16km tomorrow...after all I am starting to taper...Anyway...Hot Yoga=awesomeness!

After Yoga I was craving a smoothie....Here is the recipe and some pictures...it was delicious...Even the hubby had a sip and thought he might try one next time...


1. Cut up banana (it wasn't frozen but you could also use that)
2. 1/4 cup of frozen wild blueberries
3. A handful of frozen raspberries
4. 1 and a half scoops of Soy Vanilla Protein Powder (I got my from Presidents Choice Organic Section)
5. 1tbs of ground Flax seed
6. Milk (I switch between Soy, Almond and Skim) I just add enough that everything is covered.

I put the Blade on...give it a good shake then blend it all up and you are done! I use my Miracle Chopper 2000 (magic bullet equivalent) Super easy and super tasty!




No comments:

Post a Comment