Friday, March 26, 2010

FLR

FLR or For Logistical Reasons...


I was not able to get a run in today....throughout my previous half marathon/marathon training I have only run 3 times per week...however this time I am going to try and manage to get in 4 runs per week along with some cross training (me and the hubby are riding in the MS Bike ride from Grand Bend to London and back...more to come on this later). The Hubby is an avid cyclist (both road and mountain) so I am looking forward to getting out on my bike to cross train once it starts to warm up a bit more...still a little too cold for me...

So here are some of the cross training techniques I plan on using...

-Hot Yoga (love a good stretch)
-Cycling (hopefully will get some time on the trails...however I am scared to break my arms
-Some Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and various other at home routines...

I am really proud to say that I have QUIT the gym....after years of going on and off I finally decided to quit...it wasn't worth my money...I would have bursts where I would go and then not for 6months...no more wasting my money...Running works. (PERIOD!)

Hoping to get an early night tonight and run some errands tomorrow and relax....I have finally started the TAPER portion for the half marathon training...on Sunday we will only run 16km (only run 16km!!!! Crazy I know) the weather for Sunday is supposed to be light rain and a high of 7 so here is hoping for a comfy run...I really can't complain as this has been a fairly easy Winter to run in...

Happy Faces in the Morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment